North Carolina Style Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- Tabasco sauce
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour into pint jars and refrigerate until ready to use.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.