Peanut Sauce for Grilled Beef, Chicken or Shrimp
- 1 1/2-inch piece gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1/2 head garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 pounds creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- Lime juice to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix well and season to taste.
- Store in a sealed container until ready to use. Keeps for several weeks
- Use as a marinade for beef, chicken, shrimp or vegetable kabobs.
Yield: 2 quarts