Purple Plum Sauce
Purple Plum Sauce is a superb sauce or basting liquid for quail, pheasant
or Rock Cornish game hens.
- 1 pound canned purple plums, pitted
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Drain plums and reserve juice. Puree plums in a blender.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add onion and sauté until golden.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add pureed plums and reserved plum juice.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes or until thickened.