Queen's Royal Rub
- 1/4 cup mixed peppercorns, black, white, pink
- 1/4 cup mustard seed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup ground New Mexican chiles
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 dried ancho chile
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- Combine peppercorns, mustard seeds, sesame seeds, salt and the ancho chile
in a food processor and pulverize.
- Mix this combination with the other ingredients carefully. Don't breathe
it - that will cause sneezing.
- Spread on baking sheets and toast lightly in the oven at 325 degrees F for
about 10 minutes. This brings out the oils and develops the flavor more fully.
- Keep in the freezer in an airtight container.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes for Grilling