Remus's Kansas City Classic Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 14 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, oriental preferred
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add vinegar and stir
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- This sauce may be served room temperature or heated.
Yield: 2 cups
Source: Recipe by Remus Powers, originator of the Diddy-Wa-Diddy Sauce contest