Santa Fe Marinade
This excellent marinade which takes its name from Santa Fe, New Mexico is great
on chicken, pork and beef. I use variations of Santa Fe Marinade when cooking Southwestern
stews and grilled items.
- 2 cups water
- 6 chipotle peppers
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh shallots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- If you are using dry chipotle peppers you will need to boil them in the
2 cups of water for 10 minutes to soften. After you have boiled the chipotle
peppers and they have softened remove from flame and let cool.
- If you are using canned chipotle peppers you can skip the step above.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree for 1 minute.
- Remove marinade from blender and reserve.
Makes 3 1/2 cups marinade.
Source: Recipe by Brian Johnson