South of the Border Barbecue Sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Using basting brush, brush barbecue sauce on food during the last 10-15 minutes of grilling to prevent burning.
Makes 3 cups.
Note: Discard any remaining sauce used to baste raw meat.