Tabasco Barbecue Sauce
Use Tabasco Barbecue Sauce for all meats, chicken and turkey parts.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (1 pound 4 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 slices lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Melt butter; add onion and garlic; cook until tender but not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 30 minutes.
- Let stand until cool.
- Pour into jar; cover and refrigerate.