Baked Potatoes on Grill
- Baking potatoes
- Canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Clean potatoes with stiff brush and pat dry. Poke about 10 holes in each potato with a fork to allow for venting. Pour about 1/4 cup oil in bowl, and add potatoes, turning until they are well coated. Remove potatoes and rub or sprinkle kosher salt to coat the outside. (This is the cleaner method - I just pour a little oil in my hand and rub each potato with oil, then rub with salt).
- To bake (will end up with a crispy skin):
- Place potatoes directly on grill over hot coals and bake for about 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center goes in easily.
- To steam (will end up with a soft skin):
- Wrap each potato in aluminum foil, place on grill and bake for about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center goes in easily.
Posted by Shellbob65 at Recipe Goldmine May 20, 2001.
To speed this process, you can partially cook the potatoes in the microwave and finish on the grill.