Fresh Grilled Corn with Avocado Pepper Sauce
Crisp fresh corn drizzled in an avocado “butter” seasoned with chili and spices and diced avocados.
- 6 ears fresh corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe Fresh Avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- Heat grill to medium-high. Brush corn with oil. Place corn grill, turning occasionally for 3 to 4 minutes slightly charred.
- Place avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, hot pepper sauce and salt in food processor. Process until smooth, adding water to thin as needed.
- Drizzle avocado sauce over corn and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with additional diced avocado if desired.
| Prep Time: 5 mins. | Total Time: 15 mins.
Nutrition Facts - Amount Per Serving: Calories 170 Total Fat 10.0g Saturated Fat 1.5g Cholesterol 5.0mg Sodium 65.0mg Total Carbohydrates 21.0g Dietary Fiber 4.0g Sugar 5.0g Protein 5.0g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe and photo credit:
the Hass Avocado Board.