Grill-Roasted Potatoes with Avocado Cream
- 1 large avocado
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 medium-size baked potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- About 2 hours before serving, prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing.
- Meanwhile, prepare avocado cream: peel avocado and cut into chunks. In bowl mash avocado with cream cheese until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, salt and red pepper. over; refrigerate. Rub potato skins with vegetable oil. Wrap each potato in double thickness of heavy duty foil. Place foil-wrapped potatoes directly on low coals. Cook potatoes 45 minutes or until fork-tender, turning potatoes often with tongs.
- To serve, discard foil, cut an "X" in top of each potato and squeeze to open partially. Arrange potatoes and avocado cream on platter. Let each person spoon avocado cream on potatoes to eat.
Makes 4 servings at 330 calories each.
Avocado Cream may also be served with oven baked or microwave baked potatoes.