Grilled Artichoke Hearts
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for brushing the artichokes
- 5 thin lemon slices, seeded
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 8 small artichokes, outer leaves removed, stems and tops trimmed, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Heat the grill to medium or prepare a charcoal fire.
- Combine the water, olive oil, lemon slices, garlic and thyme in a large
saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the artichokes. Return to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, until the artichokes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain in a colander. Brush the artichokes with olive oil and set on the
grill. Cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the lemon juice and sea salt.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.