Grilled Corn with Hot Lips Chili Butter
- 6 fresh ears of corn in the husk
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill, or preheat a gas or electric grill on high. Pull back husk from each ear of corn without actually removing it. Remove silk, then re-cover corn with husk. Run water into the ears of corn, drain excess and twist husks at the top to close.
- To make the Chili Butter: In a small bowl, combine the ingredients thoroughly and set aside.
- Brush grill grate with vegetable oil. Place corn directly over hot fire. Grill for about 20 minutes, turning several times.
- Remove from grill and pull back and discard husks, or knot them for that oh-so-rustic-chic look. Generously brush corn with chili butter.
- Serve hot.
Source: Dressed to Grill by Kate Brooks, Diane Morgan and Reed Darmon