Grilled Corn with Hot Lips Chili Butter
- 6 fresh ears of corn in the husk
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Corn: Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill, or preheat a gas or electric grill on high. Pull back husk from each ear of corn without actually removing it. Remove silk, then re-cover corn with husk. Run water into the ears of corn, drain excess and twist husks at the top to close.
- Chili Butter: In a small bowl, combine the ingredients thoroughly and set aside.
- Brush grill grate with vegetable oil. Place corn directly over hot fire. Grill for about 20 minutes, turning several times.
- Remove from grill and pull back and discard husks, or knot them for that oh-so-rustic-chic look. Generously brush corn with chili butter.
- Serve hot.
Source: Dressed to Grill by Kate Brooks, Diane Morgan and Reed Darmon
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.