Grilled Eggplant and Mozzarella
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle both sides of the eggplant slices lightly with salt and place between
layers of paper towels. Let stand for 1 to 2 hours, rinse, and pat dry.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Place
the eggplant slices on a grill over moderate heat and baste with the oil mixture.
Turn and baste frequently until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Top each slice with a slice of cheese and grill an additional 2 minutes,
until the cheese begins to melt.
Serves 4 to 6.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.