Grilled Foil-Pack Cheesy Fries
These loaded fries make the perfect side to any grill-night dinner.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Cascadian Farm™ organic frozen crinkle-cut French fries
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons cooked real bacon bits
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Toss frozen French fries with melted butter.
- Tear off 2 (12-inch) lengths heavy-duty foil to make foil boats. Place half of the fries in a single layer in the center of 1 piece of foil. Loosely fold foil around edges to form a boat, leaving large hole at top to allow steam to escape; repeat with remaining fries and foil.
- Place foil packets on grill over indirect heat. Cover grill; cook 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once, until fries are crispy and baked through. Top each packet with 2 slices cheese; cook about 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and bacon bits just before serving.
Reprinted with permission from