Grilled Vegetable Fajitas
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch (6) scallions
- 1/3 cup Southwestern Butter Baste
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese with hot peppers
Southwestern Butter Baste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Fajitas: Lightly brush rack of outdoor grill or broiler pan with vegetable oil. Heat
grill or broiler. Place batches of vegetables on rack 3 to 4 inches from heat;
cook until nearly crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Turn and brush with Southwestern Butter Baste. Cook until crisp-tender,
and place on a large cutting board; repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Slice vegetables into bite-size pieces; place in a serving bowl. Drizzle
with any remaining Southwestern Butter Baste; toss to coat.
- For each serving: Heat flour tortillas according to package directions.
- Place two tortillas on an individual serving plate; top each with one lettuce
- Place 3/4 cup vegetables and 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese down the center
of each tortilla.
- Fold flour tortillas toward center; repeat.
- Southwestern Butter Baste: In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add chopped
cilantro, chili powder, salt and ground red pepper. Cook and stir over low heat
for about 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in lime juice; remove from heat.
Yield: 4 servings | 1/3 cup Southwestern Butter Baste
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.