Herb-Buttered Grilled Onion Bloom
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 1/2-inch) yellow onion
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- Cut 1/2 inch off the top of an onion; peel the outer layer off and discard. Cut onion into 12 to 16 vertical wedges, leaving root base intact.
- Set onion on a 12 x 10-inch foil sheet. Top onion with butter, thyme or oregano, and rosemary. Add salt and pepper if desired. Wrap foil around onion, pinching edges together tightly.
- Place foil package on rack over medium heat on barbecue grill and grill for 25 to 35 minutes or until juicy and tender.
Makes 1 onion.
Recipe and photo credit:
the National Onion Association.