- 4 medium poblano chiles
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed, and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 12 scallions, with green tops intact, trimmed*
- 4 medium ears corn, husked, silks removed, cut into 2-inch rounds
- 1/2 small pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch rounds, coated with oil
- 18 corn tortillas
- 2 Mexican limes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups fresh tomato salsa
- Prepare a charcoal grill, allowing the coals to burn until ash-covered with
some red still glowing through.
- Place chiles and bell peppers in the center of the grill rack directly above
the coals and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once or twice, until charred
all around. Remove and let cool. Peel and seed all the peppers. Slice into 1/4-inch
strips and transfer to a platter. Set aside.
- While the peppers char on the grill, arrange sweet potato slices on the
rack around the edges of the fire, not directly over the heat. Grill for 15
to 20 minutes, turning once, until golden on both sides and cooked through.
Transfer to the platter.
- Pace onions in the center of the grill with the bulbs facing in and the
tops facing out. Place corn pieces between the onions wherever you find room
for them, but not directly over the coals. Grill onions and corn, turning once,
until the onions are singed, but not burned, and the corn is tender, about 12
to 15 minutes. When done, transfer the onions and corn to the platter with the
- When there is room on the grill rack, add pineapple slices, slightly to
the edge of the coals — not directly over them. Cook, turning once, 6
to 8 minutes, or until the slices are somewhat soft and nicely charred but still
moist. Transfer to the platter.
- Place tortillas on the grill and lightly toast on both sides, about 4 minutes
- Arrange all vegetables on a serving platter and pour the collected juices
from the kitchen platter over the top. Tuck lime wedges in and around the vegetables.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by tortillas and salsa on the side.
* Leeks may be substituted for the scallions.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.