Barbecued Alligator Tail
- 4 alligator tail steaks about 3/4-inch thick
- Milk for marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- Red pepper flakes
- Place milk in a deep bowl, add pepper flakes and rosemary.
- Season meat with black and cayenne peppers.
- Place meat in the bowl, add milk as needed to cover. Let marinate for 3
to 4 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade, discard marinade. Pat the meat dry. Re-season
the meat, if desired, with black and red peppers. Add salt to taste, if desired.
- Brush meat with olive oil to reduce sticking, and grill over hot coals,
or over medium heat in a gas grill for about 10 minutes each side, brushing
with oil again when turning.
Posted by Cookin'Mom at Recipe Goldmine 10/23/2001 6:58 am.