Grilled Gator Kabobs
Alligator meat is marinated in a spicy orange marinade, skewered with vegetables
or fruit cubes, then grilled.
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound alligator meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- assorted vegetables or fruit, cubed
- For the marinade, combine orange concentrate, orange juice, soy sauce, sugar
and spices in a medium glass bowl. Reserve half for basting.
- Add alligator cubes; stir to coat well.
- Marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator for
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Thread marinated alligator cubes onto skewers, alternating with vegetable
or fruit cubes.
- Heat the grill to high heat and grill kabobs for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Brush with extra marinade for the first 5 minutes.
- Discard any leftover marinade.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Florida Department of Agriculture.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.