This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Black Bat Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 2 cups dark soy sauce
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- Black pepper
- Black paste food coloring
- Blue paste food coloring
- Green paste food coloring
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the chicken wings for 20 minutes in a large pot.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce. Whisk together the soy sauce,
brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a large roasting pan. Place the pan in the
oven and bake for five minutes or until the brown sugar dissolves. Whisk until the sauce is smooth.
- Add enough black, blue, and green food colorings to the sauce to make a
dark black sauce.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Drain the wings well and add them to the sauce and toss to coat evenly,
poking each wing liberally with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then increase the temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the wings in the sauce again to coat evenly.
- Bake until the sauce is very thick and glossy, flipping the wings over frequently,
about another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
If you cannot find black paste food coloring, just add a mixture of gel or liquid
food colorings in red, blue, and green until a dark sauce is formed.