This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Blazing Monster Eyes
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 50 whole black olives
- 50 small chunks pepperoni
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl beat the butter until very soft and smooth. Add the paprika
and cayenne and blend. Add the cheeses and mix well. Stir in the flour.
- Take an olive and insert the chunk of pepperoni. With your fingers wrap
about 1 1/2 teaspoons of dough around the olive, leaving a small part of it
outside the dough to form an iris on the eye (use the pepperoni stuffed opening
for the part that is seen for the best effect). Roll the mixture into a smooth
ball and place one inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until the cheddar pastry is firm and crispy, but not browned, about
- Serve hot or cold.
Yield: 50 pieces