This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Crispy Caterpillar Cocoons
- 1 (8 ounce) tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 brown & serve sausages
- 1 squeeze bottle yellow mustard
- Heat the oven according to directions on crescent roll package.
- Prepare the sausages according to package directions. Use tongs to remove
the cooked sausages from the frying pan and place them on paper towels. Allow
them to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the sausages in half lengthwise. Then use the rounded tip of a carrot
peeler to scoop out a long, shallow trough down the length of each half. Squeeze
a thin line of mustard into each through.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into its precut triangle pieces, and lay
them flat on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- To form insect larvae, take two sausage halves and, with their mustard sides
touching, put them together to form a whole. Place a whole larvae on a baking
sheet and bake according to package instructions.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before chowing down on their tender torsos.
Yield: 4 servings