Goblin Dip with Bone Crackers
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 (16 ounce)
can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky
pico de gallo
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 (13.5 ounce) packages 9-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Shredded Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese with peppers
- Chopped black olives
- Sliced green onions
- Dip: Cook first 6 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring
often, 15 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings,
and serve warm with Bone Crackers.
- Bone Crackers: Cut tortillas with a 3 1/2-inch bone-shape cutter, and place
on baking sheets.
- Stir together butter and garlic salt; brush mixture on tortillas.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 30 minutes or until crisp.
Makes 60 crackers; 6 cups dip.
Flour tortillas may be cut into bone shapes using kitchen shears.
Source: Southern Living, October 2001