Halloween Great Pumpkin Cheeseball
This boo-tiful appetizer will delight kids of all ages at your next get-together.
With two types of cheeses, a kick of cayenne pepper and a dash of Worcestershire,
this riff on a traditional cheese ball will disappear before you can say "trick
- 1 tablespoon Challenge Butter
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sharp yellow cheddar cheese, finely shredded and divided
- Garnish: broccoli stem and small squash or grape leaf
- Melt butter in small sauté pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions and
cayenne pepper and sauté until onion turn brown. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and onion.
- Chill briefly if necessary for handling, then form into a ball and roll
in remaining cup of cheddar cheese. Pressing cheese on ball to fully cover the
- Place cheeseball on serving plate and using the rounded handle of a wooden
spoon or similar object, make vertical groves in the ball to resemble a pumpkin.
Push a 2 or 3 inch segment of broccoli stem into the top of the ball and place
leaf beside it.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers, cross sections of broccoli stems or other assorted
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photo credit: Challenge Dairy
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels
>> Halloween Appetizer Recipes
>> Halloween Recipes Index