Halloween Great Pumpkin Cheeseball
This boo-tiful appetizer will delight kids of all ages at your next
get-together. With two types of cheeses, a kick of cayenne pepper and a dash of
Worcestershire, this riff on a traditional cheese ball will disappear before you
can say "trick or treat."
- 1 tablespoon Challenge Butter
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sharp yellow cheddar cheese,
finely shredded and divided
- Garnish: broccoli stem and small squash or grape
- Melt butter in small sauté pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions and
cayenne pepper and sauté until onion turn brown. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and
- Chill briefly if necessary for handling, then form into a ball and roll
in remaining cup of cheddar cheese. Pressing cheese on ball to fully cover
- Place cheeseball on serving plate and using the rounded handle of a
wooden spoon or similar object, make vertical groves in the ball to resemble
a pumpkin. Push a 2 or 3 inch segment of broccoli stem into the top of the
ball and place leaf beside it.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers, cross sections of broccoli stems or other assorted
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Reprinted with permission from