Halloween Mummy Spinach Dip
Bake this fun mummy-shape bread loaf, and you can be sure this spinach dip will
win for Best Costume at your next Halloween party.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 sticks KRAFT or POLLY-O Mozzarella String Cheese
- 2 black olive slices
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Lite Ranch Dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red peppers
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- thin wheat snack crackers
- Pat dough into 12 x 6-inch oval on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Indent dough, about 3 inches from one end of oval, for the mummy's head. Let
rise in warm place 20 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush dough with egg.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when
- Pull apart string cheese to make about 16 strips; arrange on bread for the
- Bake 1 to 2 minutes or just until cheese is melted; cool slightly.
- Press olive slices into bread for the mummy's eyes; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix sour cream and dressing in medium bowl until blended. Stir
in next 5 ingredients.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Use sharp knife to remove bread from top of mummy's body; scoop out bread
from center, leaving thin shell on bottom and side. (Reserve bread top. Discard
removed bread or reserve for another use.)
- Fill bread with spinach dip just before serving; cover with top of bread.
- Serve with crackers.
Prep Time 25 min. | Total Time 2 hr. 35 min.
18 servings, 2 tablespoons dip and 16 crackers
Recipe and photo credit: Kraft
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels
>> Halloween Appetizer Recipes
>> Halloween Recipes Index