Halloween Scarecrow Taco Dip
Always popular at parties, this tasty taco spread has real character and is ready
in only 15 minutes.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoningmix (from 1-ounce package)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ refried beans (from 16-ounce can)
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- Triangular-shaped tortilla chips (about 3 inch)
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese and taco seasoning mix until smooth. Spread
on 10-inch plate. Spoon salsa evenly over cream cheese mixture. Reserve 4 olive
slices; sprinkle remaining olives over salsa. Reserve 1/4 cup cheese; sprinkle
remaining cheese over olives. Spoon beans in center of plate; spread to 6-inch
circle to resemble head of scarecrow. Sprinkle lettuce around beans.
- Cut 1 tomato in half; place each half on scarecrow, cut side up, to resemble
eyes. Add remaining tomato to resemble nose. Place 1 reserved olive slice on
each “eye” to resemble pupil. Cut the remaining olive slices in half
and arrange the pieces to resemble mouth.
- Arrange tortilla chips to resemble a hat on the scarecrow’s head. Arrange
the reserved cheese to come out from under the hat and at the bottom of the
face to resemble straw.
- Serve dip with tortilla chips.
- Store dip in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Yield: 16 servings
This dip can be made several hours ahead. Add the “hat” just before serving.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 110 (Calories from
Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg Sodium
280mg Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g), Protein 4g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2
Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels
>> Halloween Appetizer Recipes
>> Halloween Recipes Index