Harvest Sticks with Vegetable Dip
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese with chives, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry minced onion or 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 6 large carrots, peeled
- 3 medium zucchini
- Tan raffia
- Beat cream cheese in small bowl until fluffy; blend in sour cream.
- Stir in cucumber, parsley, onion, garlic and salt.
- Add curry powder, if desired.
- Spoon into small serving bowl; cover.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving time.
- Just before serving, cut carrots lengthwise into thin strips; gather into
bundles. Tie raffia around bundles to hold in place. Repeat with zucchini.
- Place bowl of dip on serving tray; garnish, if desired. Surround with bundles
of carrots and zucchini.
Yield: 2 cups dip
The vegetable bundles can be made ahead of time. Cut vegetables as directed.
Place carrots in medium bowl; cover with cold water. Refrigerate until ready to
use. Place zucchini sticks in small resealable plastic food storage bag and refrigerate
until ready to use. Just before serving, gather vegetables into bundles and tie
with raffia as directed.