Monster Mash Spread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- Green Onion Curls
- Assorted crackers
Green Onion Curls
- 3 to 4 green onions (tops only)
- Line 8- or 9-inch round cake pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick
cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, bell pepper and chopped green
onions in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spoon into prepared pan; press mixture evenly into pan.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, invert pan onto large platter or serving tray; remove
pan. Discard foil.
- Garnish with Green Onion Curls, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
- Green Onion Curls: Using scissors or small knife, cut each green onion lengthwise
into long, narrow strips; place in bowl of ice water.
- Refrigerate until strips are curled, about 2 hours or overnight.
Substitute shredded Cheddar cheese for Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers.
Drain 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles and stir into cheese mixture before spreading
into prepared pan.