Monster Mash Spread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- Green Onion Curls
- Assorted crackers
Green Onion Curls
- 3 to 4 green onions (tops only)
- Line 8- or 9-inch round cake pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick
cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, bell pepper and chopped green
onions in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spoon into prepared pan; press mixture evenly into pan.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, invert pan onto large platter or serving tray; remove
pan. Discard foil.
- Garnish with Green Onion Curls, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
- Green Onion Curls: Using scissors or small knife, cut each green onion lengthwise
into long, narrow strips; place in bowl of ice water.
- Refrigerate until strips are curled, about 2 hours or overnight.
Substitute shredded Cheddar cheese for Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers.
Drain 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles and stir into cheese mixture before spreading
into prepared pan.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels