Let the surprising kick of these easy appetizers, with deli chicken salad and
a dash of horseradish, creep up on your Halloween guests.
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Green onion tops, cut into 1 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chicken salad (from deli)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- With sharp knife, cut 1/4-inch off stem side of each tomato and 1/8-inch
off bottoms. Using melon baller or small spoon, remove insides of tomatoes;
- Make cuts in ends of each green onion piece; place in bowl of ice water
- In small bowl, mix chicken salad and horseradish. Place 1 teaspoon chicken
salad in each tomato. Place 1 green onion brush in top center of each tomato
Prep Time 35 minutes | Total Time 35 minutes | Makes 24
A narrow baby spoon works well to spoon the chicken salad into each tomato.
Instead of chicken salad, try making these tomatoes with another deli salad.
1 Serving (1 Appetizer) Calories 15 o (Calories from Fat 5), Total Fat 1/2g
o (Saturated Fat 0g, o Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 15mg
Total Carbohydrate 1g o (Dietary Fiber 0g, o Sugars 0g), Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: Free Carbohydrate Choices: 0
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels
>> Halloween Appetizer Recipes
>> Halloween Recipes Index