- 4 Rhodes™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 3 currants
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the body of the bat, press one roll into a teardrop shape. Cut a small
triangle out of the rounded bottom to give the impression of legs.
- Press 2 rolls into 2 triangles for the wings. Cut 3 scallops out of the
bottom of each wing with a knife or scissors. Place the wings and body on a
sprayed baking sheet. Make 3 deep slashes in each wing. Pinch top point on each
- With 2 scallop pieces, form 2 feet by slashing deeply into each piece twice.
Place under legs of bat.
- Using about 2/3 of another roll, form a smaller teardrop shape for the head.
Slash this teardrop from the point to the middle of the roll. Pull the 2 sides
apart to form ears. Place above body. Press finger firmly into each ear. Using
some left over dough, shape 2 small balls and 1 tiny ball. Place them on bat's
face to form the mouth. Press 2 currants on face for the eyes. Place 1 currant
above mouth pieces for a nose.
- Brush bat with egg and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Redefine ear indentations before and during baking.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.