Innocent breadsticks are transformed into Halloween mischief when dyed sliced
almonds are tucked into the ends to look like Dracula fingernails.
- 1 can (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 to 5 drops Red McCormick® Assorted Food Colors and Egg Dye
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pizza or spaghetti sauce
- Separate and twist breadsticks as directed on package.
- Squeeze 4 to 5 drops food color into small bowl. Dip individual almond slices
into food color until each is coated. Press one dyed almond into one end of
each breadstick to resemble a fingernail.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese onto breadsticks, if desired.
- Bake as directed on package.
- Serve with your favorite pizza or spaghetti sauce for dipping.
Yield: 12 servings
Test Kitchen Tip: Wear disposable plastic gloves when dipping the almonds to
avoid staining your fingers.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 82 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 13
g Cholesterol: 1 mg Sodium: 198 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):