Spooky but scrumptious, when the aroma of Ghost shaped rolls rising from the
oven and wafting through the air reaches your little goblins they'll gobble them
- 1 regular-size loaf frozen bread dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut loaf into 3 or 4 equal sections. Press each into a heel shape. At the
rounded end, cut a slice down each side 1 1/2 inches, to form "arms."
Pull arms out a little from body, and tuck pointed ends under.
- Place each ghost on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Pull
the bottom edge of each ghost shape to a point, with a little curve to one side.
Indent eyes and mouth with a clean pencil eraser. Brush with beaten egg. Let
rise until double.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake bread for 20 minutes, reinforcing eye and mouth indentations once after
5 minutes of baking.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):