Fiesta Pumpkin Corn Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon high quality chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 small tomato, diced and seeded
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs.
- Blend in the pumpkin, milk and oil.
- Fold in the chiles and tomato.
- Blend the wet ingredients into the dry until the batter is just barely moistened.
- Spoon into greased or papered muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle
comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan immediately and serve warm.
Can be baked ahead and reheated before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.