Fiesta Pumpkin Corn Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon high quality chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 small tomato, diced and seeded
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs.
- Blend in the pumpkin, milk and oil.
- Fold in the chiles and tomato.
- Blend the wet ingredients into the dry until the batter is just barely moistened.
- Spoon into greased or papered muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle
comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan immediately and serve warm.
Can be baked ahead and reheated before serving.