Fried Monster Kolaches
It is no trick that these Fried Monster Kolaches are a great sweet treat.
- 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Food coloring
- 1 can raspberry pie filling
- Slivered almonds
- Candy eyes
- Pour oil 2 to 3-inches deep into a sauce pan or an electric frying
pan, and heat to medium high setting or 350 degrees F.
- Kolaches: Flatten each roll into a 3-inch circle.
Press the center of each flattened roll until the middle of the dough is
almost translucent. Drop each shaped roll into the oil and fry both
sides until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Icing: Mix heavy cream and powdered sugar together.
Divide icing into three bowls. Add either purple, orange or green food
coloring into each bowl. Mix and add more coloring to achieve desired color.
- Dip monsters into the icing so that the outside of the kolachy is
- Finishing: Place eyes before the icing dries. Spoon
raspberry pie filling into the center of the kolachy. Arrange almonds
around the mouth of the monster to create teeth.
Prep Time: 10 min | Bake Time: 1-2 min | Servings: 12
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.