Parmesan Witches' Broomsticks
A delicious and uniquely shaped breadstick for the kids to enjoy with chili before they go out trick-or-treating.
- 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir Bisquick mix and milk until soft dough forms. Place dough on surface
dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into ball;
knead 10 times.
- Shape dough into 30 (1-inch) balls. Roll 15 balls into 15 six-inch ropes
to make broomstick handles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Pat remaining balls
onto 1 end of each broomstick handle. Dip fork into Bisquick mix; press fork
firmly on balls to make bristles.
- Brush egg over dough. Sprinkle cheese over dough bristles.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 15 biscuits
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):