- 4 Rhodes Texas™ or Rhodes Dinner Rolls™, thawed but still cold
- 1 currant
- 1 egg, beaten
- Press 2 rolls together and form a 12-inch rope. Bend the rope into a horseshoe
shape. This will be the body and legs of the cat. Place on a sprayed baking
sheet. On an angle and with scissors, cut up the inside of the legs about 4
inches to form two more legs. Separate each leg turning the cut side down on
the baking sheet. For the tail, shape another roll into a 6-inch rope making
one end pointed. Tuck the pointed end behind the side of the horseshoe.
- Flatten the last roll and cut out a piece at the top to form the cat's head
and ears. With some of the cut out piece, form 1 very tiny ball and flatten
it for the lower mouth. Form 2 other small balls for the top of the mouth. Place
them on the face. There will be leftover dough. Place the head on the opposite
side of the tail, slightly overlapping the body. Cut 2 slits for eyes and press
a currant above the mouth for the nose.
- With scissors, clip deep cuts on the cat's body and tail. Brush with egg
and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Halloween Bread Recipes
>> Halloween Recipes Index