Sweet Snake Sticks
These Sweet Snake Sticks will sssssslither right into your Halloween party.
- 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, dough thawed to room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 wooden skewers
- 24 mini chocolate chips
- Red licorice
- Spray counter lightly with cooking spray. Roll each roll into an 8-inch rope leaving one end thicker than the other.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a deep plate.
- Place butter in another deep plate.
- Dip each snake into melted butter and then sugar mixture, coating well.
- Take one snake and poke a skewer through the smaller (tail) end. Wrap each snake around the skewer and flatten the larger end into the stick.
- Place on sprayed baking sheet. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- While baking, cut licorice to 1-inch pieces and split at the end to form a tongue.
- Once the breadsticks are cooled, poke a hole in the larger end of the snake; insert the split tongue. Place two mini chocolate chips for eyes.
Prep: 15 min | Bake: 15-20 min | Servings: 12
Recipe and photo used with permission from: