Butterfinger Caramel Apples
- 6 wooden craft sticks (found in cake decorating or hobby shops)
- 6 tart apples
- 1 package caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 NESTLE BUTTERFINGER Candy Bars
- Line tray or baking sheet with wax paper.
- Insert 1 wooden craft stick into stem end of each apple.
- Microwave caramels and water in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%)
power for 2 minutes; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip each apple into melted caramel; scrape excess caramel from bottoms.
Quickly roll bottom half of apples in chopped Butterfinger, then place on prepared
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set.
- Store apples in refrigerator in airtight container.
Apples are best if they are served the same day as they are prepared.
If caramel becomes firm, return to microwave oven for 20 to 30 seconds or until
dipping consistency. Two (1.5 ounces each) NESTLE CRUNCH Candy Bars may be used
in place of NESTLE BUTTERFINGER Candy Bars.
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.