Candied Honey Apples
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 small (4 to 6 ounces each) apples with sticks
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- Combine all ingredients except apples and nuts in 2-quart saucepan. Cook
over medium-high heat to 265 degrees F; stir constantly.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Holding apple by stick, roll in hot honey mixture to coat; roll bottom of
apple in nuts if desired.
- Place on waxed paper squares to cool.
- Repeat with remaining apples.
Makes 6 apples.
Recipe and photo credit: National Honey Board - nhb.org
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels