- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup white corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- Food coloring (optional)
- Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in pan and bring to a boil stirring
Constantly. Turn heat low and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- In a separate dish, combine confectioners' sugar, salt and powdered milk.
Add all at once to the mixture in the pan.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Stir until cool enough to handle.
- Shape into creative pieces.