Caramel Marshmallow Apples
- 5 small apples
- Popsicle sticks
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon water
- 14 ounces soft caramels
- Line a large plate or pizza pan with wax paper and heavily grease it.
- Wash and dry the apples well. Place the sticks into the apple to make handling
and eating easier.
- In a medium heavy saucepan combine the marshmallows, water and caramels.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the marshmallows and caramels
melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Let the mixture cool for two minutes.
- Dip the apples into the caramel mixture, placing them on the wax paper to
- When they are cooled to room temperature, place them into the refrigerator.
- Chill for at least two hours.
- Serve chilled (very firm) or at room temperature (will be quite gooey).