Caramel Walnut Spiders
These spiders are the perfect treat for your Halloween party.
- 5 black licorice laces
- 12 caramels, soft
- 12 California walnut halves
- 5 ounce bar dark chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles, black
- Using a knife or scissors, cut licorice into 1-inch pieces. You will need
8 per spider for a total of 96 pieces. For a more realistic look, cut pieces
diagonally to form a pointed end.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place 6 caramels evenly spaced apart
with one walnut half on top of each caramel.
- Bake in oven for 3 minutes to slightly melt caramel.
- Working quickly, push 8 licorice legs into sides of one caramel to form
the legs of the spider.
- Repeat steps with remaining caramels and walnuts. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in the microwave on high for three 30-second increments,
stirring in between or on a double boiler, then spoon or pipe about 1 teaspoon
of chocolate over the walnuts.
- Sprinkle chocolate with black sprinkles and let set.
Total Time 20 Mins | Cook Time 5 Mins | Serves 12
These can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Nutrition information: 140 Calories Fat 7g Saturated Fat 3g Monounsaturated
Fat 1g Polyunsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 50mg Carbohydrates 20g Dietary
Fiber 1g Protein 2g
Recipe and photo credit: California Walnuts