Chocolate Dipped Caramel Apples
Here's a special occasion treat that is perfect for enjoying in the fall when
apples are at their peak.
- 5 medium apples, washed, well dried
- 1 (14 ounce) package KRAFT Caramels
- 3/4 cup chopped PLANTERS Salted Peanuts
- 1 (4 ounce) package BAKER'S GERMAN'S Sweet Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Insert 1 wooden pop stick (from bag of caramels) into stem end of each apple.
- Microwave caramels and 2 tablespoons water in deep microwavable bowl on
HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after each minute.
- Dip apples into hot caramel mixture; turn until well coated. Scrape excess
caramel mixture from bottoms of apples.
- Roll bottom halves in peanuts.
- Place on greased tray.
- Refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in deep microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3
minutes until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after each minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Drizzle chocolate generously over apples or dip bottom of apple into melted
- Let stand on wax paper-lined tray until chocolate is firm.
Prep Time: 30 min | Total Time: 51 min | Yield: 5 servings
Variation: Prepare as directed, substituting 4 squares BAKER'S Premium White
Baking Chocolate for the BAKER'S GERMAN'S Sweet Chocolate.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 640 Total fat 25g Saturated fat 8g Cholesterol
10mg Sodium 360mg Carbohydrate 100g Dietary fiber 6g Sugars 86g Protein 11g
Vitamin A 4%DV Vitamin C 15%DV Calcium 40%DV Iron 8%DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Kraft Kitchens
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.