- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 24 silver dragees (small silver, edible balls for eyes)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 licorice strings (for tails)
- Melt the chocolate, and combine with sour cream.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll by level tablespoonsful into balls. Mold to a slight point at one end
- Roll dough in confectioners' sugar (for white mice), or in chocolate wafer
crumbs (for dark mice).
- On each mouse, place dragees in appropriate spot for eyes, almond slices
for ears and a licorice string for the tail.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours until firm.