- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 1/3 cups flaked coconut (about 14 ounces)
- 1 large box lime gelatin
- 1 cup ground, blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, coconut, 1/3 cup of the
unprepared gelatin, almonds and almond extract. Mix well with a large mixing
spoon or rubber spatula.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for about an hour or until mixture
is firm enough to mold with your hands.
- Scoop by 1/2 teaspoonsful and shape into various-size balls. Place them
on a baking sheet which has been lined with a sheet of wax paper. Make sure
they are all slightly different.
- Place a second sheet of wax paper on work surface and pour remaining unprepared
(dry) gelatin onto the center of the wax paper. Roll each ball in gelatin to
coat well and create a thin outer layer.
- Place back on the baking sheet.
- Return balls to the refrigerator for an hour before serving, and store any
extras in the refrigerator.
Makes about 5 dozen cruddy treats