Dulce de Leche Caramel Apples
- 10 wooden craft sticks
- 10 large green apples, dried and stems removed (very important to wash well
or dulce de leche will slide off)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts or salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
- 2 (13.4 ounce) cans NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
- Insert stick into each apple.
- Line trays or baking sheets with wax paper.
- Place chopped peanuts and chocolate morsels on separate plates.
- Place dulce de leche in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Heat over low heat,
stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip apples all the way into dulce de leche, shaking off excess.
- Roll bottom halves of 5 apples in chopped peanuts and the bottom halves
of remaining apples in chocolate morsels, then place on prepared trays.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Store apples in refrigerator in airtight container.
Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins | Yield: 10 apples
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé® and meals.com