Ghostly Good Caramel Apples
- 16 small apples (about 4 pounds)
- 16 wooden sticks
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate flavored crisp rice cereal
- Wash and dry apples. Remove stems. Insert a wooden stick into the stem end
of each apple; set aside.
- In heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine brown sugar, Eagle Brand, corn syrup
and butter. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil gently over medium heat,
stirring frequently, for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Line baking sheets with foil; grease foil. Working quickly, dip each apple
into the hot caramel mixture; use a spoon if necessary to spread mixture evenly
over apples. Allow excess mixture to drip off.
- Dip bottom of apples into cereal. Place on greased foil; let stand until
firm, about 25 minutes.
- Store uncovered at room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.