Ghostly Good Caramel Apples
- 16 small apples (about 4 pounds)
- 16 wooden sticks
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate flavored crisp rice cereal
- Wash and dry apples. Remove stems. Insert a wooden stick into the stem end
of each apple; set aside.
- In heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine brown sugar, Eagle Brand, corn syrup
and butter. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil gently over medium heat,
stirring frequently, for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Line baking sheets with foil; grease foil. Working quickly, dip each apple
into the hot caramel mixture; use a spoon if necessary to spread mixture evenly
over apples. Allow excess mixture to drip off.
- Dip bottom of apples into cereal. Place on greased foil; let stand until
firm, about 25 minutes.
- Store uncovered at room temperature.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels