Indian Corn on a Stick
This fun fall treat looks like colorful Indian corn.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 60 large marshmallows
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup peanuts (or other coarsely chopped nuts)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dried fruits (cranberries, apricots, pineapple, apples, raisins, etc.)
- Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat.
- Pour over popped popcorn and stir in nuts, coconut, and dried fruits.
- When cool enough to handle, butter hands and mold popcorn mixture into ear of corn shapes approximately 6 inches long.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet or wax paper to set.
- Immediately, while marshmallow is still sticky, place a few pieces of nuts and dried fruits on the shape to resemble colorful kernels of corn.
- Insert a skewer or a wooden stick or dowel in the end of each. Let cool.
- When marshmallow is set, wrap with cellophane and tie with raffia bow if desired.
Yield: approximately 6-7 servings