Spiced Pumpkin Fudge
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups butterscotch baking chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup chopped toasted almonds or desired nuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients; bring to boil over medium
heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling until mixture reaches 234 degrees
F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter scotch chips and marshmallow cream until
melted and smooth.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla extract.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 13-inch or larger pan.
- Cool completely; cut into squares.
Makes about 3 pounds candy